Auto-Professionals
KIA Sedona 2.9 CRDi Non Start [SOLVED!] - Printable Version

+- Auto-Professionals (http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Auto-Professionals Cars Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Vehicles Problems & General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Forum: KIA (/forumdisplay.php?fid=89)
+---- Thread: KIA Sedona 2.9 CRDi Non Start [SOLVED!] (/showthread.php?tid=8225)

Pages: 1 2 3

KIA Sedona 2.9 CRDi Non Start [SOLVED!] - sg226 - 08-Dec-2013 08:47 PM

Hi a little advise if poss i not sure if its the sensor or not was just wondering if some one else may have come across this before. Fault codes are

1119 - Rail pressure control valve IMV, trim - Intermittent
1500 - Vehicle speed signal, incoherent value
- Intermittent
1120 - Rail pressure control valve IMV, parameter in upper limit
- Intermittent

Was wondering if this is the sensor in rail or the one on back of pump which is the fuel flow valve.

RE: Kia sedona 2.9CRDI Non start - Liteace - 08-Dec-2013 08:55 PM

The IMV is the one on the back of the pump, the other one in the rail is rail pressure sensor

RE: Kia Sedona 2.9 CRDi Non Start - sg226 - 08-Dec-2013 09:37 PM

I thought that. That's what's confused me as to which sensor it is I no the FRP sensor is common on these but when I saw the IMV there is threw me.

RE: Kia Sedona 2.9 CRDi Non Start - mktandb - 08-Dec-2013 10:00 PM

Fit a pressure gauge and compare actual pressure to pressure reading on live data.

RE: Kia Sedona 2.9 CRDi Non Start - Maverickqwe - 08-Dec-2013 10:16 PM

Remove leak off pipe on fuel rail and see if fuel comes out when engine running or cranking no fuel should be present. if fuel is present then replace fuel pressure regulator in the end of fuel rail about £95 it just looks like a bolt head may be very tight can be done on vehicle!

RE: Kia Sedona 2.9 CRDi Non Start - Liteace - 08-Dec-2013 10:21 PM

The thread title is Kia Sedona 2.9 CRDi Non Start

blush

RE: Kia Sedona 2.9 CRDi Non Start - diag13 - 08-Dec-2013 10:30 PM

Hi

Also be very aware of fuel contamination on these vehicles, check the filter contents for swarf ect.
Replacing parts may initially solve problem only for it to come back and haunt you.
Ive still got the tee shirt somewhere

bigsmile

RE: Kia Sedona 2.9 CRDi Non Start - sg226 - 08-Dec-2013 10:46 PM

This is the other thing i worried about i have already put a filter on and new primer because about six or seven weeks ago lady put petrol in it and since its just got harder and harder to start. Then Friday morning she went out to start and not start since. I hate these cars.

RE: Kia Sedona 2.9 CRDi Non Start - Liteace - 08-Dec-2013 10:51 PM

Did she drive it with petrol in till the engine stopped, If so you could be looking at a new pump, those HP pumps are lubricated by the diesel and dont like petrol, as mktandb said check live data cranking pressure

RE: Kia Sedona 2.9 CRDi Non Start - sg226 - 08-Dec-2013 11:08 PM

O yes she drove it till she died. I said this to her. AA got it sorted for her first they but did not put new filter on tho and she was driving a couple of weeks before i got it. I did check it today on live data but didn't keep a record silly me and cant remember at this minute what the values where. Will have a look tomoz.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.